I just feel bad for people who have a December birthday. It is a busy month with too many things going on and I don't want Bridger to feel like we just don't have time to celebrate him... which is exactly the reason we celebrate his half birthday instead.
He had a friend party. It was crazy- or I was crazy for thinking I could do it by myself with a six week old. Luckily I have a great friend Holly who knew I was crazy to think I could manage 10 little ones at a party and luckily this little party animal remained in this pose the entire time despite the mayhem that went on.
When I asked Bridger what kind of cake he wanted he said, " A Super Big Giant one- made of chocolate and strawberry ...and.... strawberry ice cream in it! And....with blue frosting and with Sprinkles! Yes!!"
I aim to please.
Since he really wasn't five yet, we just did 4 and a half candles.
Carter's singing is hilarious. I wish he could sing at every birthday.
Bridger with his cake
The birthday gang: Hannah, Olivia, Maeley, Carson, Grant, Gabe.. and I can't remember who else came that isn't in this photo.
And the other problem with posting this over 6 months later is I can't remember what he got and can't find all the other pictures.... so....
Here he is with his first real Lego set. He loved it and still is pretty good at putting it all away after he is done with it. I think we've only lost a few pieces. Bridger remembers he got: Batman action figure, Slip- n-slide, Spiderman sheet set, cap gun, pirate sword, water guns, toy story games, motorcycle and monster truck, sidewalk chalk, cards and some money.
We played lots of balloon games, water balloon volleyball, squirt tag,... and I remember lots of running around, wrestling and yelling... the kids had fun.
His REAL birthday: party hat from preschool from the birthday/Christmas party that day. He got this Texas longhorn jacket and a pair of shoes and hockey balls. We celebrated with chocolate sprinkle cookies.







No comments:
Post a Comment