Friday, March 23, 2012

Projects!!

 I don't like winter.
 ( Yes- I know, BIG surprise to anyone to knows me. )
 I DO love projects.
So I've decided to spend those cold, gray days that I am stuck inside wearing a Snuggie doing all of our indoor projects that need to be done, so we can spend all summer playing! 
Last year it worked well, and this year I am giddy over all the great things we have done. 
We've been busy and I would say our house is coming along quite nicely. 

Project One:
The play room. This is a great room. I love this room because the kids go down and play and most of the toys stay here. I don't go down there much, except to the craft room, because this is what it looks like after a few minutes of playing:



 A huge mess!
 It makes steam come our of my ears and  my claws come out.. 
I've resorted to only cleaning it once a week, but it still makes me irritated to see the mess.
It's even worse when friends come over, because they just dump toys out of boxes and rummage through everything and don't even play with a single toy after it is in a heap. (Yes, mothers, I know you can all feel my pain) So, hooray, hooray, hooray...

We, Ok, Ben, made cubbies! I made the supply list, he made the design and spent the time building them. I did help paint :)
Hooray!  Peace and organization in the playroom!

LOVE IT!! 
And, even more than loving it, it works! Boys put things away, toys are kept out of site and off the floor. And, everyone goes down there more and it is much more fun. Hallelujah! 

Next Project: Painting the master bedroom:
Goodbye dark and dreary.
We tried our paint sprayer for the doors and trim. It worked pretty well. A little slower than we thought. There aren't any paint brush marks and it looks good.
We chose the perfect, blue- gray, from Valspar called Gravity. 
The paint sample looks gray, the paint on the wall looks blue. 
It is perfect and changes color throughout the day.


This was Ben's Christmas vacation project: Nightstands. They match the farmhouse bed frame we have and I love being able to finally have a bedside table and lamp. 
(Yes, we've lived here a year and a half and I feel like we are just moving in :) 


OK, if you aren't already bored, here is the last project I'm posting pictures of, and I must say, one of my favorites. THIS one I do get giddy seeing every day. It turned out just perfect! 

A while back, I posted that we have a lot of rules in our family. So, I thought I would make a sign  to make them all official!
Family rules are pretty popular right now, but I didn't want one that was too cheesy and say things that just weren't us. So, I made one myself with things we say all the time, yes, like our rules. It is made of wood- fence panels to be exact- and it is big- about 2 feet by 3 ft.  It was really fun to make.  And, it is the first thing in this house with our registered brand on it. :) Our official stamp of approval. 
Although , now that i am thinking about it, we should have branded all our other projects. 

Anyway, it is the perfect amount of rustic, cute and real. I love, love,  LOVE it. 


Here is a close up of the rustic details


And, folks, that's all for today.  

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so impressed, Mona. Everything looks wonderful!

Jennifer said...

Those are awesome projects, Mona! And that rule board is amazing-- SO professional!!! I love it all.

Russ and Em said...

I'm just catching up on all your recent posts. As always I am SO impressed. You and Ben are so talented. I also loved all your updates of Afton, she is such a doll. It was good talking to you the other week. It's nice to keep in touch.