Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Carter and Glowy


Before Carter was born I was reading some tips on helping an older sibling get used to having a baby in the home. One of the suggestions was to get a baby for the child to care for so when you changed a diaper, they could change their baby, when you fed, they would feed the doll etc. We did this for Bridger and he could have cared less and never even touched the baby nor really cared that I had one of my own. So, I didn't think this would be necessary when Afton was born. We never got Carter a doll- he just claimed this little glow worm with a baby face "Glowy" to be his baby.  He has been a very good care taker of Glowy. She- or he- I'm not sure a gender has ever been mentioned so I can't assign a pronoun- has been with us many places. Carter has made sure Glowy has a crib- there have been several claims for certain objects that none of us can use because it is now Glowy's crib. One day we were raking leaves and Carter thought that Glowy would enjoy a soft leaf bed. So he brought Glowy outside and put Glowy in the leaves. He sat on a bog rock and just watched making sure nobody would disturb the slumber. Glowly has several blankets and Carter makes sure that we are quiet during Glowy's naps. Sissy got a doll bottle for Christmas which Carter immediately claimed for Glowy. Anyway, one day Carter insisted on taking Glowly with us to run errands. He stuck Glowy in his shirt to carry her- like I carry Afton in the Moby Wrap, and he insisted he wear his sunglasses- apparently I wear sunglasses when we run errands. He walked all around the stores just like this: 
(Yes, he got a lot of looks, laughs and smiles)



We were leaving Hobby Lobby and I asked him where his sunglasses were.  He thought for a second and looked around and said, "Oh! In my underways!" And shoved his hand down the front of his pants, pulled out his sunglasses and put them on his face. I burst out laughing despite the disgusting-ness of the storage place. (And NO, this is not where I store mine if you were wondering if he copied this from me:)


We finally got some pictures of him taking great care of Glowy.
 His mannerisms are so loving!
Some day he will make a great father. 



2 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of Glowy in his shirt is one of the cutest things ever! I bet he made so many people's day when they saw him.

Russ and Em said...

That is pure awesomeness! I love that he is such a good Daddy.