Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Nitty Gritty on the labor

Maybe it is because I'm a L&D Nurse that always makes me curious of everyone's labor details, but I thought I would share in case you were wondering!

My water broke at 2:30 p.m. and we waited to go to the hospital until I started having semi-consistent contractions that were semi-painful. We only live about 10 minutes from the hospital, we left at 4:45 and seriously, once I was in the car, my contraction intensified and became regular. I was in the triage room at the hospital by 5:00 and they checked me and I was 5-6 cm. They moved me to my room and started admitting me and getting things ready for the epidural. The 2 epidurals that I got took most of the time trying to work until about 7:30ish when I was 8 cm. At 8:15ish I was 10 cm and pushed with a few contractions and at 8:30 Ben and Dr. Wiedel delivered Carter. Ben loved delivering him and now I am worried that he wants to quit his fellowship and start an OB residency instead. I wanted to take a picture of Ben delivering, but I was a little occupied myself. It was a great labor, all I wanted was for it to go fast and I can't complain with 3.5 hours! I am so thankful for another healthy, beautiful boy. I am thankful for great friends that have already helped so much with everything! Thank you! Thank you! We are so blessed! Here is our newest family picture... We're comin' home!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Hey! That's great! I'm so glad you had a better epidural this time, and that you had a fast labor.
I'm happy for your family!
Love, Marisa

Emily said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful. I'm glad to hear the labor went well. You look so much better then I did after my second! I hope Bridger is handling it well. We love you guys.
Em and Rob

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What beautiful pictures! We're so happy for you guys.
Erin, Ben, Annabelle, and Delaney

Andrea said...

I loved getting the nitty gritty on the labor. It is such an amazing process; I find myself always curious to know how things happened for people.

You look wonderful and your family is just so cute!

Andrea

p.s. be grateful you didn't come camping we were eaten ALIVE!

Russ and Em said...

I love the mental image of you trying to take a picture and deliver a baby at the same time...should have tried it j/k. Also it isn't just you, I'm always interested in how things go for people too.Congrats again!!

critts said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! Please send some of that fast and easy labor dust my way please!

Unknown said...

That's not fare!!! My 3rd delivery was the longest and weighed the least. 13 hours!!!! Good for you Mona.

Denise