Today is my birthday! It is 9:00 p.m., quiet, actually silent, except my tapping on the keys of the laptop. Both boys are in bed, asleep, Ben is sleeping on the couch wrapped in the snuggie. We just ate birthday cake, ice cream cake, only Ben and I, without the boys. I am digesting my fabulous dinner from Abuelos. (It reminded me of Texas when I went there to lunch with girls from work. That was a fun day, except afterwards we went to the mall, and Ben's swears that is what put me in pre-term labor with Bridger.) Anyway, tonight it was good, really good. It was a strange birthday, really low-key, no singing, I did not open a single wrapped gift today, no big hoorahs or surprises. It was exactly the kind of day I swore I would NEVER have. Back when I was young, single and very entertained, I swore I would never turn into a "boring married person" the kind of person that enjoys reading a book at night, or just chatting with her husband about the days events, or even, heaven for bid, go to bed early!!... no that was not for me. Yet, here I am, Mother of two, wife of doctor ( A doctor!!! I never wanted to be a doctor's wife either!) it is 9 p.m. on my birthday and I am totally and completely satisfied with how my day was, even grateful for the day that it was. It started out with me sleeping through my alarm and missing meeting Megan at the gym. (Carter was up several times last night.) After changing Carter's forth diarrhea diaper this morning, I thought, "What a birthday." And, then I thought, "Yeah, actually, it is a great birthday." I started thinking about how wonderful my life is. I couldn't ask for more than a completely dedicated, loving, smart and handsome husband, two charming, hilarious and healthy boys who make me smile several times a day. I have a wonderful house, wonderful neighbors and friends and extended family. (thanks for all the cards, calls and emails!) I am healthy, happy and at peace with how my life is and really, what more could a girl want? I am so blessed and can honestly say, I think this is the happiest birthday I have ever had.
Pictures from dinner, although the bottom one is really a more realistic picture of what it is like having dinner with a our 2 kiddoes (except Bridger is actually sitting down and Carter hasn't spilled everything yet)
6 comments:
Happy birthday Mona! Sure hope you have great one and it sounds like you did.
Rynele
I'm so happy that you are content and at peace about your life. Happy Birthday!
Glad it was great, and that you are at a good time in your life! Good luck with the job decisions!
I am glad you had a good birthday and you braved going out to dinner.
Happy Birthday. I know what you mean. You reminded me why I shouldn't grumble after the 7th poopy diaper changing today. Isn't life great!?!
Happy Birthday! I am glad it was such a great day for you. Your hair is getting so long. It looks great.
Post a Comment