Labor Day
(This kid! I've never seen any kid eat sand/rocks/dirt more than him.
He LOVES it... and I can't keep it out of his mouth)
Canning Corn
(This was actually August) I got to harvest and freeze all of Ben's corn while he was conveniently out of town. I got it all done during nap time though, so it wasn't so bad. It brought back memories of a being a kid and canning ALL SUMMER LONG. My mom canned everything: green beans, tomatoes, salsa, spaghetti sauce (the BEST I have ever tasted) corn, zucchini, apricots, peaches, pears, applesauce...and more.. like I said, EVERYTHING. It was our summer duties to help. It taught me a lot and helped form a good work ethic. Now for me, I don't think it is very cost effective to can, and I am OK with "store vegetables" so this is probably not something that I will routinely do. But when your husband plants rows and rows of corn, what-da-ya-do?FACE PLANT!

Great. Not only does this kid snack on non-nutritive substances, I am finding he is accident prone. He face planted on cement steps right in front of me. He wasn't even going up or down on them, just standing still at the bottom. I am not sure if he lost his balance or what, but he didn't use his hands at all to stop him. I thought for sure his nose was broken. But, luckily, no. Just scraped. The picture on the left is the day it happened, you can tell it is just a little pink. The next day when it had scabbed over, Bridger saw him first thing in the morning and yelled to me, very concerned, "Mommy! What's on Carter's face!?"
Construction Zone
They finally finished repaving our street. My neighbor across the road said, "There are two seasons in Madison: winter and road construction." We have a huge front window with a perfect view of it all. Bridger has been the project manager from inside yelling things like:
"No, Man, No! Not there!" "Dig! Backhoe, Dig! ....More!" and "Close your ears, Carter, this is gonna be loud!" or "Keep movin, truck." and if they are not out there soon after breakfast he asks, "Where are the conruction men?" It has been hilarious to hear the commentator and although the project has taken a lot longer than it seems like it should have, the boys have been well entertained by it all.
Books
1 comment:
That really is a lot of corn. It looks a little too time-consuming for my taste. But I guess like you say, "what-da-ya-do?" ...
Post a Comment