If you have been following our blog, you would remember that 6 weeks ago we were at Bear Lake on vacation.
There is a rumor of a monster in Bear Lake. There is even a plaque at one of the beaches that tells the story of it. In the story, it also tells the monster's name, "Isabella."
Well, unknown to us, until recently, Carter caught the Bear Lake Monster while we were there and has been trying to poop it out since then.

Yep, that's right. The real name of the Bear Lake monster is
GIARDIA!!!
Don't worry, I will spare you the disgusting, vile, nasty, foul and gut wrenching details of his diapers/blow-outs that we change several times a day and just say:
He has had diarrhea.
At first, we thought that it was from his hand-foot and mouth disease, then thought that he was lactose intolerant and took dairy products out of his diet. After starting probiotics, a week on rice milk and over a week on soy milk and still nasty diapers and cranky baby, we knew something more must be wrong. So after the 6 stool samples results came back, BINGO! Giardia it is.
Poor little guy. The medicine to cure it is really nasty too. Bridger has been having similar symptoms to Carter, not as severe, but we are treating him as well.
It's nice to know that it will all come to an end soon!
6 comments:
Oh Mona, I am sooooo sorry! That is just awful. Little ones don't deserve that and neither do their parents. I hope they are better soon, for everyone's sake!
Oh Mona, no! I'm so sorry. I hope that things get better soon.
Has he had diarrhea since Easters?
So I thought our ringworm thing was bad... But that is awful. I hope everyone is better soon! Good luck!
That is crazy and soo sad. I hope they feel better soon and I am glad you guys figured it out.
Oh, yuck yuck yuck!! I am so sorry. I didn't know he had foot and mouth disease too. Poor kid, poor you. I hope it ends soon.
Post a Comment