Thursday, September 3, 2009

Gone and back again


This last weekend Ben and I left ALONE ---



just the 2 of us--



for the first time---



EVER---



without our kiddoes-


for 4 whole days!






I did not cry, (at least not openly)


The kids DID cry (for only 20 seconds) and then had a

fantastic time and tons of fun with

the best nanny ever (thanks a million, Val).






I think they basically lived at the park while we were gone.





We had a wonderful time in Spokane, Washington for Ben's 4th interview. His interview went very well. I met with the nurse manager of Labor and Delivery and would absolutely LOVE to work in their women's center

(It was the nicest I have EVER seen. It made me want to throw on scrubs immediately and start an IV... I kept telling myself.... "remember... we are looking for a job for BEN." But, Oh, it was beautiful and made miss me being an L&D nurse so much. )





Anyway, we stayed in a posh hotel, we explored lots of the city, met great people, had some great food
and tried to imagine ourselves living there.



These are Spokane Falls that flow right through downtown.


They were beautiful and the water was SO CLEAN.





This is Coeur d'Alene, ID. Also very beautiful.


It is about 30 minutes to the east and a cool place to see.


By the end of 4 days, we were eager to return. When we got home, Bridger was very excited ( I guess they had been playing "airplane to Spokane" several times throughout the 4 days) Carter would not even look at me or let me hold him for a LONG time. And of course, now they miss Aunt Val and ask where she is several times a day.




FYI Interview update: They have all gone really well. Ben has one more first interview to do and then decide where he will do his second interviews (they have all offered him second interviews... so we get to choose. And it is going to be hard to narrow it down.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Spokane is wonderful...and of course Coeur d'Alene is beautiful because ANY place in Idaho is beautiful since we moved here. :) I'm glad you had a great trip. couples only trips are very good for a marriage and I hope you get to do it again. Val said she had a great time and loved every minute with your boys so I'm glad she was able to go.

Amanda Miller said...

That's great that Ben has so many options. Good luck in deciding!

Russ and Em said...

As much as I would love for you to come back to Utah, I can say there is something wonderful about the Northwest. Congrats Ben at having so many options!

Emily said...

What fun--How great that you both got to go! Is that park the Dream Park in Monona? We just discovered it and my kids were in heaven!