Sunday, July 5, 2009

Green Lake

For the Forth of July, we went with our neighbors to their cabin at Green Lake, which is about an hour northeast of Madison. We enjoyed the drive through acres and acres of farmland to come to a beautiful lake surrounded by evergreens. They have a cabin on the lakefront and it was so fun to spend time with them and their family and we thank them for sharing with us! We got to play in the water, ride waverunners, (which Bridger absolutely loved...the faster the better) go boating, Ben got to wakeboard, I attempted (truly, are lakes THIS cold in Utah? or maybe the real question: have I really turned THIS wimpy?! ) then it started to rain, so we ran inside to the heated pool (Aaahhhhhhhh, warmth) and played some more. We finished with a great game of kickball and a delicious meal of smoked turkey, potatoes and every salad imaginable. (I'll take that over any 4th of July BBQ!) Our kiddoes were ready to hit the hay before the fireworks and were asleep on the ride home before the end of their driveway. We had a blast, Bridger I think (and hope) may be less scared of dogs now that he was surrounded by several for the entire day, and we got to explore more of Wisconsin. A great holiday!


Jumping on the water trampoline


Faster, Daddy, faster. WAHOO!!


Swim along



Swimming with Jamie and Aaron






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I like the picture of you and your boys in the pool. I am jealous. That water trampoline looks like a blast! We just got a trampoline but can't leap off into the water... although the children want us to buy one of those huge above-ground pools so they can do just that. Not going to happen. Anyway, fun 4th.

Unknown said...

Hey Tippets! Looks like you had so much fun out in the VILDERNESS!!! We miss you guys!!!

Russ and Em said...

Looks like a blast! I also like the water trampoline. Glad you had a fun rth!