BRIDGER

I love this kid. He certainly makes our lives entertaining. People often talk about the "Terrible Two's" and I don't think they are terrible at all. I love that he is becoming more and more independent. I embrace and promote it. I love that he gets so excited and proud that he can dress himself, wash his hands, go potty by himself, get his own dishes and utensils, put on his own shoes and do his own buckles in his car seat. Go Bridger man!!
Bridger is also very good at communicating. He can really repeat almost anything we say. And does on a regular basis. I really enjoy that I can have conversations with him. He likes to talk about today, yesterday, this morning, last night, later and soon. He doesn't always use it in context, but it is fun to hear him describe his "tonights" that happened a few minutes prior. He also knows days of the weeks and doesn't use them correctly either. But he will try and convince me what we are going to do on Monday. He can tell time and it is always "Three minutes."
I also love that his attention span is GROWING! Hooray! He loves to paint, color with markers and he will read books by himself. He doesn't like TV unless it is Sesame Street, Baby Signing Time DVD or the scripture stories on DVD. His favorites are Moses, Daniel in the Lions Den and Lehi Obeys God. He also loves to sing. He sings all the time, when he is trying to fall asleep or wakes up in the middle of the night, when he is playing and especially at Family Home Evening.
Bridger is very social and has lots of friends that he sees pretty regularly and he will tell me what he did with them after playing. In his reports of a playdate he always includes, "And Bridger share and is nice and kind." ( Although I am not sure it is always true) Other parents from church tell me that their child knows Bridger name and it could be one of the few words that they use.

Bridger is 100% boy. He even has named all of his shoes according to what shoe he wears per sport. He has football shoes, hockey shoes and game shoes and big shoes and will only allow us to refer to them as such. He hates wearing sandals because he can't run "Super fast" in them. He loves all sports, is interested in all bikes, tractors, trucks and power tools. He loves riding his tricycle, daddy's bike, the neighbors bike, the neighbor's neighbor's bike....any bike he can find. He got a tool set for his birthday and now can fix everything. He came to me the other day and said that he was "fixing his bed" I went in his room and the blanket was perfect with his turtle placed right on his pillow and he was using his tools to smooth or "fix" everything.


He is growing up so fast!
We love watching it happen before our eyes.
2 comments:
Wow! What a great tribute to your son. I'm glad you have captured his cute personality in this blog. It will go so fast and fade from memory. I love the second picture with him in his Hawaiian-looking shirt. He's such a big boy. I can't wait to see your family at the reunion! Sarah
I like all the details of Bridgers life. I do agree with you two year olds are fun, and three year olds get even better. It is fun to see our little kids grow up!
Post a Comment