I've been putting off this post for so long- it's almost been a year, but I HAVE TO do it before June comes around. (aahhh.. didn't quite make it)
We had such a fun week, and here are 45 pictures to share about it.
I drove to Utah for the beginning of the week. My cousin, Marisa who lives in Ohio was coming to visit her family and with her being so close and who knows when I would have a chance to see her again, I just had to do it. On our way, we stopped by to pick up our cousin Johnny- his parents were going to a conference for the week so he was with us. Ok- single mom of 5 for the week- here I come! (Can I say it wasn't bad- and this isn't because I forgot that it was- it was actually just fine)
The boys got along really well, I listened to lots of funny 5/6 year-old boy talk for hours such as:
In between Jelly Bean!
Not for a while crocodile!
In a shake, rattlesnake!
In between hold and cold and lumpy bean!
Not for a while stinky silly mustard pile!
In between fire lava icy cold strange bean!
Hi you brown silly hot cold lemonade bean!
I think you get the point, all the latter phrases were followed by roars of laughter...at least it made the drive go by quick, right?
We stayed at Aunt Val's and Uncle Steve's while we were in Utah. We went to the Children's museum in Salt Lake and the boys had a blast. Holy Cow...So much fun! Probably the best Children's museum I've been too.
| Johnny at the ball vacuum place |
| Bridger and Carter ready to catch some of the balls |
| We convinced Aunt Val to skip work, bring Sophie and come with us. |
Eventually we moved onto the construction zone.
| Carter humors me with a quick picture |
They loved the supermarket area. I can still hear Johnny announcing "Hey! Clean Up in the Grains Aisle!"
| Little Sis playing the piano just her size |
We stayed at the museum for almost two hours but then had to go meet my cousins at a park for lunch.
Luckily our admission was for all day, so I told them we'd come back so everyone reluctantly agreed to leave.
The park where we met them was pretty scary and I don't know why they chose it. I wanted to go to a sprinkler park, but was out voted. It was SO HOT- as you can see by every one's face.
| Jessica, me and Carter |
| Aunt Val, Sophie, Johnny and Carter |
| Baby Eden dead to the world, melting in my Moby Wrap |
| My Aunt Aleta and Sissy |
| Everyone- almost- who was there |
It between the five kids I had and Marisa's six, and the other cousins who were there, it was really hard to keep track of everyone- so conversation was here and there and very hard. It was fun to see everyone for a brief visit. Poor Johnny kept asking "When are we going back to the Childrens Zoo?" Children's zoo?! We are AT the Children's zoo! I think you mean children's museum.
We survived the heat and the disgusting bathrooms- which was a miracle nobody contracted any diseases from- and went back to the museum.
We went to the second floor- lot of building, lots of huge foam Legos and wind tunnels and news reporting.
My kids must be related to their parents and loved the Life Flight and medical area.
They had Xray machine, casts, scrubs to wear, stretchers all sorts of fun things to do with medical emergencies. They played here forever.
The only mishap for the trip was Bridger got lost- we took the stairs, and he took the elevator.
The elevator that he took had an option to go to the parking garage. Finally after looking all over for him- up and down and involving the employees- a security guard brought Bridger back to the museum. Bridger was really embarrassed, I was really relieved.
The next day I went to visit my friends, Bonnie and Emily. I miss these girls and love seeing them when I can when I am in the area. We all started on the same kid schedule- give or take a few months, so it is fun for our kids too.
The elevator that he took had an option to go to the parking garage. Finally after looking all over for him- up and down and involving the employees- a security guard brought Bridger back to the museum. Bridger was really embarrassed, I was really relieved.
The next day I went to visit my friends, Bonnie and Emily. I miss these girls and love seeing them when I can when I am in the area. We all started on the same kid schedule- give or take a few months, so it is fun for our kids too.
We had a picnic lunch and caught up with each other.
Then we went to Thanksgiving point to the Dinosaur museum.
![]() |
| Bonnie, me, Emily and Savannah |
| Carter and Johnny in a cave |
Sand and water are a boys best friend
Paleontologists at work.
| I learned on this trip that Johnny is a very hand-on learner. |
On the way home- I-15 was at a stand- still as it often is at rush hour- so I stopped at the store Scheels.
I've heard it's a really cool place- it does have a Ferris wheel in the store after all.
![]() |
| Bridger and Johnny take a ride |
OK- THEN we drove back to Idaho for a family reunion in Aberdeen. I'm not sure why we still come here. Way back when, my Grandma Johnson had relatives here and she came with her family to meet them, then it dwindled down to all of my grandmas siblings and families and now it is down to my grandma's family.... it is far for everyone but the park has added on and has better bathrooms and showers and camp areas than when I was a kid and is a great place that will fit all of my aunts and uncles, my 25 first cousins and their families... so I guess that answers the question. It is hard to find a spot where we can all fit.
Let's just say I love getting together with them. I grew up on the same street as many of them and saw them on a daily or weekly basis. So as kids, we knew each other quite well.
We like good ole fashioned fun.
Candy toss with candy cannon:
Three legged races- this made me die laughing. There were four groups to start, right off the starting line- two teams were down flat, the other one on the way back. Hooray for Ben and my little bro Ammon for winning!!
Nothing like Potato sack races in Idaho!!
![]() |
| p.s. did you know that sticking out your tongue during times of excitement is a genetic trait passed down from the Tippets line? |
Wheel barrow races are of course a favorite.
| Mom, Dad, Sarah with Eden Baby and Abby |
| Eden Baby was a charm the entire trip. She was only tiny--2 and a half months and she did great. |
Then there are Aberdeen Daze- car shows and a breakfast at the park.
![]() |
| Spike ball- one of our favorite games this summer |
We went to a Simplot factory for a tour and saw how they made french fries.
At the final step - packaging- one line went into a Great Value (Wal-mart brand) and other into a Trader Joes bag. The tour guide said "It's all the same stuff- you just pay a different price based on the package." I was already a big fan of store brands- I think of this often when I am shopping.
![]() |
| Taylor and Abby in the tour required gear. |
![]() |
| Aunt Val and Sophie stayed with us in the trailer |
![]() |
| Ammon and Tommy |
In June it really isn't that warm, but we all get in the water anyway.
![]() |
| Ben and boys in the boat |
![]() |
| Cousin Kyle takes Bridger and Auggie on the wave runner |
| Boy cousins playing in the dirt |
| Ben and Bridger |
Whew- what a trip. SO much fun. Johnny went back home after this reunion with Aunt Mar and I think he was done being with us. Bridger was life jacket police and did insist that Johnny keep his life jacket on and all times by the water and I made him eat his vegetables. Boo for rules...














No comments:
Post a Comment