Thursday, July 11, 2013

Eden at TWO months

Eden's name means a place of pleasure and delight. This little lady has lived up to her name completely. She has been such a cheerful, delightful baby to have in our home. There are several of her baby mannerisms that remind me of Bridger- even in the womb. She moved the same way that Bridger did- was much more active than both Carter or Afton. She is also like Bridger who did not like to be rocked and the best way for her to fall asleep is to be put in her crib awake and left alone and she will quietly fall asleep by herself. She is very calm and patient and will sit in her bouncy seat for a long time awake just watching everyone and is just a chill baby. She is very happy and I am enjoying this little treasure so much. Time is going way too fast with this little one!
At her two month check up, she was 11 pounds and 6 ounces and 23 inches long and head 39 cm.


Eden at five weeks after her bath


Lest you think she is a perfect baby, she is my worst baby sleeper. At 6 weeks, she was only sleeping 5 hours at most and then up again every one or two hours (yes, yes, I know, even in the newborn care class I taught, this is totally normal and you can't expect more than this until at least 4 months- but C'mon, this is MY baby we're talking about :). Anyway, I got this book from the library about newborns which wasn't a good idea because it made me reconsider everything that I was doing with her and her schedule and made me feel like a horrible mom. So I stopped reading it and following it's advice and trusted myself and my intuition. By 7 weeks, we hit the 7 hour sleep block- which was great, except for the fact that when I went to get her from her bassinet, both Carter and Afton were in our bed because they had both been up a few times that night for whatever reason. Since Eden has been born, there are several nights that Afton has not slept well, and she really isn't on a schedule anymore. She has had two weeks of fever and sickness where I would be up with her for two hours, finally get her to sleep, then Eden would wake up. I would feed her, get her to sleep again, then Afton would wake up again. I would finally get to bed around 5 a.m. when Ben was getting up for the day. So, at 8 weeks neither Eden or Afton were sleeping well or like I wanted them to be, so I  moved Eden into crib and put the girls in the same room together as I felt I had nothing to lose. After that, Eden made it to 8 hours solid and has been that way or longer most nights since then. I hate to complain as I know lots of babies don't sleep this much so early. I am realizing that sleep is becoming more of a rare commodity to me. Even now, (when Eden is three months) people keep asking me how I am sleeping. I would be sleeping fine if I had only a baby, it's all the other kids that keep waking me at night! For the Love!
Sorry for the non-sleep tangent, back to cute pictures of Baby Eden:

Here she is next to our neighbor, Baby Hazel. Eden is 1 month older and I had to take this picture to prove to myself that Eden really was growing. Not only have I been worried about sleep, but I've been worried about my milk supply for the first time in my life. 
Until this picture:

Finally! A nice pair of healthy Tippets baby cheeks!

Such a cute baby in a cute outfit. 


Bridger and Carter are our photographers for the day since Ben was at a conference for the weekend.


She has the cutest fuzzy ears- the fuzz is gradually rubbing off, but it was at least a half inch long when she was born. 


She started smiling around 7-8ish weeks- when she started sleeping longer. See! Everyone is happier when they get sleep.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I want to give you empathy on the sleeping but since I couldn't get a full nights rest for a year after any of my kids it is hard coming. J/K lack of sleep for any reason is hard. I hope you get some soon.