Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Carter Turns Five


This is Carter when he was about a month old. I love this picture, one of my favorites of him. A pictures says a thousands words. And, this is proof that we all come to earth with our own personality. 

Carter is like a little bear cub. He likes to jump, wrestle, roll, play and tease. He likes to cuddle, snuggle, hibernate in his bed for hours, give big bear hugs and love, love, love. He has a huge smile and big, beautiful, dark blue, bright eyes that will light up your day. But when things have not gone his way, he is mean and growls like an angry bear and scares everyone around him. He defends himself very well and I hope that defense will be used for good someday in the future. So far, he has proved to be a good protector to our Eden Baby.


Now for his birthday celebration:
For Carter's birthday party, he finally chose to go to a sprinkler park. (There are just SO many options for a five year old boy!)

Sissy had a fun time- anytime she is in her "shimsoup" it's a great day for her!

Carter, Porter, Luke and Sawyer
We all played, got wet and played some more. We had lunch and Carter chose to have sloppy joes which makes me laugh. I never make those because no one eats them in our house, and honestly they aren't that great or healthy either. Anyway, one day, I was in a hurry so I gave it a try for dinner. I think Carter was starving and he gobbled his up and said, "Mom! I love these! This is what I want for my birthday party!" I kept asking him if he was sure that was what he wanted and he assured me that it was. So, I made them... only to see him dump his in the trash without a bite. I asked him why he threw it away and he said, "I hate those Joe things!" I wasn't sure if any of the other kids would eat them, so I used the mini buns. Some did, some didn't. I haven't made them since. And maybe never again. Of course the watermelon and capri suns were a hit! 

Carter wanted an ice cream cake so that's what I made. All the moms were impressed that I could make an ice cream cake. Here is the secret recipe: one layer of cake, one layer of ice cream, another layer of cake then frosting. Viola! Ice cream cake!



Carson is one of Carter's best friends. They can cause lots of trouble together although they have been better as they've gotten older.  I love this picture of them.



Ben gave him a card with money. The giver was just as excited as the receiver for this great gift!


Present time is always a chaotic tornado of activity that is hard for me to keep up with!



Bridger takes a swing at the angry bird pinata.

CANDY!!

It was a great day at the park and everyone had fun. We are so lucky to live in a great neighborhood where our kids have lots of friends. We love our Carter Cole and so happy to celebrate FIVE great years with him in our family!


No comments: