I was "tagged" on Facebook- 25 Random things about me. I thought I would share it here as well:
1- I was supposed to be a boy when I was born, when my 3 older sisters found out that I was a girl, they wanted to send me back. My name was to be Mark. I grew up in a home with lots of estrogen ( my parents had 5 teenage daughters at one time). I decided long ago that I only want sons. So far, my husband has provided well.
2- The thing that is scariest to me about having a daughter is that she will be exactly like me, or exactly the opposite and I don't know which would be worse.
3- When I was a senior in high school, my 4 best friends were boys. They taught me to change my oil, do a tune-up on my car. Late Saturday nights were spent listening to them talk about cars, mufflers (I can still recognize the sound of a car with "glass-packs") and what their dream truck/jeep/camero would be like. Sometimes I have fond memories of these boys. Others, I think "what retards!"
4- After my junior year of high school, I decided that high school was dumb and started going to college early. I only had 2 classes at my high school my senior year and by the time I graduated from high school, I had 30 college credits, was an EMT, a CNA and I had 3 jobs. I was busy. But I liked it.
5- I got a few B+'s in my life, but mostly I was a straight A student. Except for the "C" that Mr. Billings gave me in Algebra. He said that "he was preparing me for college, and that he was a straight A student too and was shocked that he couldn't keep in up in college." He would never change it no matter how much I told him that was stupid and I should get the grade that I earned just like everyone else in the class. Maybe he is one of the reasons I thought high school was dumb. And all the high school drama.
6- My favorite class of all time was Anatomy at UVSC. It was so hard. I studied for usually 8 hours a day or more for that class. I used to remember people's names after they introduced themselves to me once. After that class, I couldn't remember anyone's name....but if you pointed to any nerve, muscle, bone or organ I could tell you the specific name of it. Now that I am a mother, my brain has deteriorated and I can't remember anatomy or your name. (And, yes, I did get an A in that class, and got a 4.0 most of my semesters in college too. Take THAT Mr. Billings!!!)
7- Dr. Shively, my anatomy teacher, had several conversations with me over the next year trying to convince me that I should go to medical school. I told him no for the simple reason of becoming someone like my husband. He is 34 and is still in school.
8- I grew up on a farm. All of our animals were animals, I didn't really know a distinction between animals and pets. Our dogs died, we got another one. We raised our cute little baby calves into big stinky cows or steers and we butchered them. I was pretty heartless when it came to animals. One day we were cleaning a hay stack area and there was a nest of baby mice. I had a pitchfork and I stabbed them with it. It made my little brother cry. Needless to say, I am NOT a pet person. ( I won't tell you about how when I was in 4th grade I asked my cousin to kill my cat because she was sick.)
9- When I think/hear/see anything that has to do with Twilight, Jane Austen or things that are really girlish or cheesy, it automatically stimulates my gag reflex. I would choose any Jack Black movie over most any Chick flick.
10- If I could have another profession, I would go to Cosmetology school. Not so I could work in a salon with other females all day, but so I could do my own hair and my family's. I really admire a great haircut and cute highlights.
11- I hate piles. You know those piles. Piles of laundry, miscellaneous papers, mail, pictures, books, toys.... whatever you haven't gotten to for the day. I wish I could stop them from forming and was more on-top of things and got rid of them sooner. I know people who whenever I have come to their house, there has never been a "pile." How is this possible? Where do you put that stuff?! Yet, at the same time, when I see a pile at someone's house, a flood of relief overcomes me and I think, "good, their normal."
12-I would choose grocery shopping over clothes shopping any day. The grocery store 99.9% of the time has exactly what I am looking for. Not so with clothes shopping. I wish that I could somehow set up a way that clothes would appear at my house every so often that I like and that fit me perfectly.
13- I gained 40 pounds when I was pregnant with Bridger and lost 60 pounds afterwards. It was similar with Carter, but I have now started working out and am actually gaining weight. This makes me very happy. I don't know many who can say that they weigh less after having 2 babies than they did in high school, and I shouldn't complain but this is not my ideal physique to look like a noodle. This also contributes to the frustration with clothes shopping.
14- I fall asleep 75% of the time that I watch a movie. I have always been this way. Yes, I fall asleep at the theatre too. It doesn't matter what movie it is, how exciting or adventurous it is, I still fall asleep.
15- I think working night shifts is the worst thing anyone can do to themselves. Yes, I have done a million night shifts and I hate the zombie feeling the next afternoon after you "sleep" during the morning when it is bright outside, your neighbors are mowing the lawn, people are calling and everyone else is living their life normally. After the first night shift I worked, I swore I would never do it again. It's hard and anyone who hasn't done it has no idea how hard it is. A big Kudos to those who do it still.
16- Potty training has been THE most frustrating experience for me as a parent. Probably the most frustrating thing I have ever done. Bridger has more than once pooped in his crib, taken off his socks, put them on his hands like gloves and "painted" his crib with his poop. I have nothing left to say except with Carter, I will probably wait until he is 10 to start.
17- I love foot rubs and pedicures. I have cute toes so I like to take care of them.
18- Several times as a child I stopped my younger sister from running away. She would pack her clothes in grocery bags and run off. I would follow her around the farm or all the way to my grandma's house (which was next door). She would be furious. I would ask her why she was running away and what she was going to do. She never had any great answer and I would finally convince her that we loved her and wanted her to stay.
19- My favorite job I have ever had was when I was an EMT for EFY and almost every week during the summer I moved to a new state. It was great. In Virginia my study partner for anatomy, David, was the other EMT working with me. When we were bored, we would quiz each other on things that we could remember from our anatomy or physiology tests. For some reason it was really fun, probably because I remembered more than he did and I was always got the answers right.
20- Right now for employment, I teach a prenatal breastfeeding class. I think this is really ironic because the least thing that I liked about being a post-partum RN was helping women breastfeed.
21- I am glad that my husband doesn't like video games and agrees that they are a mind-deteriorating waste of time. My only weakness is X-BOX Karaoke. Love that. And anytime Brent is up for another challenge, game on!
22- I mop Cinderella style. Yes. On my hands and knees with a rag and a bucket. I have yet to find a mop that I like that does a better job.
23- I helped make some igloos once. It was with Robbie, Russ and Emily, Jeremy and Kristin... maybe others. Robbie had a snow saw that we cut snow "bricks" with. We carried the bricks to the igloo site and topped them one on the other. It took a long time to complete, we slept in them afterwards. It was a long night of sleeping, but we weren't cold.
24- After reading this, you may think that I have never had any friends that were girls, but I actually have and currently do. In my apartment complex in Salt Lake City, Turnberry, I met Bonnie, Lisa, Emily and Carol. We all went to Hawaii on a girls' trip. We had a blast. We went to a magic show there that was really cool. Except I fell asleep and the magician saw and was offended and stopped the show and asked me how I could fall asleep during his show.
25- In third grade I was standing in the lunch line and the boy in front of me was spitting in my face. I told him to stop or I would slap him. He didn't, so I slapped him so hard that he cried. I felt really bad. He was going to tell our teacher, but he couldn't stop crying. Years later in high school, we were at a dance and somehow got partnered up. It was really awkward.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So whats the secret to losing more weight than you gained while being pregnant? I lost most of the pregnancy weight but have hit a wall. My sister in-law also weighed less than when she was in high school but she was nursing twins.
Ahhh, good times in the igloos! What we girls would do for a good time on a friday night! People are still suprised when I tell them I did that! I wonder why....
Okay I don't know where to begin. But so many reasons about this are why I love you and wish you didn't live half way across the country. I still think about those igloos - that was fun.
Also I am so so sorry that potty training has been so hard. It is how I feel about getting my kids to sleep through the night -- completely and totally helpless about something that affects your life in a negative way. Every. Single. Day. For a day or two things will start to look better and you will get your hopes up (foolish I know.) And then SLAM they show you that you really have no power over the situation. Sorry I had to vent.
Also I love that you like Jack Black. Good luck!
Ummm... I'm so appalled by #8!!!
Charise-- sorry I don't have a secret for losing pregnancy weight. That was the whole problem, I didn't do anything. I even ate a huge bowl of ice cream every night before I went to bed in hopes that I could keep or gain back some of the weight.
It's always interesting what you find out about people on their blogs - the things that never come up in daily conversation, but also the things that you don't really know a person well until you find out some of this kind of stuff... Nice to get to know you a little bit better! :)
Post a Comment