Wednesday, September 12, 2012

JR's



 When we go to Wyoming, we always need to go to JR's. JR is a neighbor that Ben worked for who has a ranch with lots of cattle and race horses.  He is also a miner, a father, a cowboy and a I think who Ben learned to be a Hick from. I think he is one of Ben's favorite people in the world.  We love to go see him. JR acts like he loves to see us- he acts that way with everyone. He is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Make sure you have a few hours though, because he likes to talk, and he just makes you feel like you are his best friend and you know he would give you the world if you asked for it. When we got married, JR drove all the way to Utah to the temple, just to tell us congratulations in person and give us a card. He wouldn't stay for the luncheon, he wasn't there for the actual wedding, he didn't have anything else to come down for, he just wanted to say Hi and chat for a few minutes then he hopped in his car and drove the two and a half hours back home. Like I said, JR is the nicest guy. He has a heart of gold. When we talk about our visit to Wyoming, "going to JR's" is always the highlight. Last year, Carter got to sit on one of his bulls- so he now tells everyone he has ridden a bull.
Anyway, we headed to JR's to ride a horse. This isn't any ordinary horse, this is Exit, a famous race horse, the Wyoming horse of the year in 1993, and he still looks like he could win any race. Carter was on Cloud Nine and wanted to do everything he could to help. He had no fear of this giant horse. Bridger was a little more hesitant, but enjoyed the ride. Let's  be honest. I'm not a huge horse fan and he made me little nervous- well, I was nervous with Carter running around his legs knowing with one step Carter could be a gonner- but it all turned out great and the boys have these pictures hanging up in their room. A great day for any little cowboy. Thanks to Aunt Katie for documenting this experience.
 JR showing Carter the bit. JR used a coffee can to put grain in for Exit to eat while we got him saddled up. The next time we were at the grocery store, Carter saw the same Folgers can and said, "Look Mom! We can buy Exit some food here!" Not quite.






 Sissy wasn't nervous at all and enjoyed the ride. 

 Sis and JR



This kid could have stayed all day






We took the chance to get some pictures by the old barn. I love the background. 



1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't think I really reallized what a cowboy Ben was until your posts this summer. Looks like he had some good training at it growing up. I think we should all know people like JR.