Let's be honest, I do not enjoy raising a three year old. It is hard and painful for me. I will gladly trade a sleepless, fussy newborn for a sassy, demanding, disrespectful three year old. I don't know why they call them the terrible twos. It the the threes that make me pull my hair out and start to question the enjoyment of raising children. Oh my goodness, I love this kid, but oh my goodness, some days I thought one or both of us would not make it alive to the next day. So, it was with wide open, welcoming arms I embraced Carter's fourth birthday. It was amazing how the improvement in his behavior became better as the days grew closer to his birthday.
Oh, Hooray for FOUR!
Oh, Hooray for FOUR!
![]() |
| I can't deny this little guy is such a cutie when he smiles. |
We were in Utah for his birthday with cousins. We spent the day before and after boating and playing in the water. We had a barbecue and party to celebrate his birthday.
He did love his horseshoe cake.
Presents:
His very own belt buckle with a buckin' bull
Ben made these chaps for Carter. They turned out great. Carter loves them and he and Bridger can now play cowboys dressed in their full cowboy-get-up.
A good cowboy pose
I love Johnny in the back ground of this picture.
Yes, his own cowboy rope. He was very excited about this. The next day at the lake, he would run up and down the dock with his cowboy hat on practising his lasso techniques. One guy was unloading his boat into the lake and Carter walked right up to his window and showed him his rope and told him all about it and showed him how he could lasso.
His own pair of farm boots.
Got 'em
Happy Fourth Birthday, Carter! We love you!
Happy Fourth Birthday, Carter! We love you!





1 comment:
I agree about three being the worst. I hope four is tons better!
Post a Comment