Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!


Today we had our ultrasound for Tippets Baby Four.
Unlike the last 2 ultrasounds, we actually slept the night before and were not kept awake with thoughts of gastroschesis, cleft lip, diaphragmatic hernia, tetrology of fallot or many other medical issues. (Since I had ultrasounded  myself with Bridger a jillion times prior to the 20 week ultrasound, I wasn't worried with him either.)
Anyway, the ultrasound was good.
Four chambers of the heart, brain all developing normally, four limbs, two kidneys, face forming well and very active.
My placenta is anterior again which I had assumed since I have rarely felt this baby move until the last few weeks- but I am 22 weeks now, so he is pretty big.
Unlike all of the other ultrasounds, the gender was not confirmed. So far, I am three for three, and we told the tech that we didn't want to find out this time. Usually, we can see the gender before we are really looking to tell, this time, he was moving so much and had the legs crossed the majority of the time, we couldn't tell. The tech was really good too about being quick and getting only the information that we needed. The only bummer is all the pictures that we got were not very good because he wouldn't hold still long enough to get clear views. Oh well. It feels a little weird that we aren't for sure and that it really will be a surprise as to the gender. I still think it is a boy.
Anyway, we are relieved, elated and feel so blessed and so, so thankful to the Lord that everything looks perfect. Hooray, Hooray, hooray!!
Bridger wanted to get pictures, so here are some from today.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ahhh! You are, like, the most beautiful pregnant-lady-with-three-kids-already that I've ever seen. Wow- those hormones are doing ya' good, my friend. Congrats on a healthy baby in utero!!

Mindy said...

I was going to say just what Jenn said. You look great! Congrats on a healthy baby.