Saturday, October 20, 2012

School

Bridger's picture has yet to be found on one of our cameras. I know I took one of his first day.
Here it is!

He was super excited and was up and dressed in less than 30 seconds, (not exaggerating) He had a great first week of school and was really excited about everything. He is our forever optimist, which is good for me. We had a meet and greet the day before school started and it was in the afternoon. I had to wake up Sissy early from her nap, grab all the school supplies to drop off, pack up the three kids and rush out the door to make it in time. When we got there, the lights were out of his classroom and the door was locked. The meet and greet wasn't over, I asked the teacher next door to make sure I didn't get the times wrong. She said his teacher had to leave early. (that would have been nice to know prior to the chaos we went through to come) I was totally bugged. We left the school. Bridger says so me, "Well, sometimes you get to meet your teacher and sometimes you don't!"  His first day we went with him to make sure he knew where to go and where to line up outside his classroom. There were a million parents with cameras and video taping and tissues and tears. Please people. It's not like it's college and you won't see your child for months. Your child will be back in three hours. I am not that sentimental and was already experiencing full blown morning sickness and these pathetic parents were bringing me even closer to vomiting.  Bridger went in without a glitch and when I picked him up at the end of the day he said, "Today was awesome! This is going to be the best year ever!" Now over a month into school,  his attitude has stayed the same, and  he is doing well. 


 Carter on first day of preschool

Carter's preschool is very close to the elementary, which is only a few minutes from home, which has been super convenient. He is always excited to go and hates to wait 30 minutes after Bridger goes to school for it to be his turn. I had a doctors appointment on the second day of preschool, so I dropped him off early at a classmates house and every day he asks if that will happen again. He loves going and can't go soon enough. He loves his teacher and he really loves having something that only he can talk about and Bridger can't tell his day for him.

First day of school- She has mastered her cheesy smile for the camera
Mom school
Sissy has to get ready for school every day too... there's no way she will allow herself to NOT do what her brothers are doing. She loves to wear a backpack and pretend  to do homework by scribbling on paper.  Unfortunately, Mom school has not gone as well as she had hoped and I am a HUGE disappointment to her. She used to think that I was cool, fun and amazing and loved to be just with me. Now the bitter fact that she is stuck home with a very sick, pregnant version of her once- wonderful mother is almost more than she can bear. "Are you kidding?!" Her face screams at me, (since she has yet to talk.) "THIS is what we do?! Lay on the couch!  You lock me out of the bathroom to barf ! We fold laundry! Clean up breakfast and occasionally leave the house to run a quick errand! Impossible! Bring me back my brothers if this is what I get to finally have one on one time with you!!" Her actions and screeches are clear. I'm sorry, my love. But this is just how life is sometimes. Your entertainers will be home soon enough. 



2 comments:

Emily said...

Great post!

Monika Crowfoot said...

haha, i love sissy's photo, and mom school. too cute.