One of my New Years Resolutions is to update my blog at least once a month. Hopefully more though. Here are random things from the last week.
The other day Bridger was laying on the floor counting and counting and counting. He needed little help until 100 and didn't know what to do after that, so I told him to keep counting and just say "one hundred and" in front of every number. When he got to 204 he said, " OK I'm done. I'm getting bored." A few minutes later he said, "Mom- do numbers end at 204?" I told him he had a long way to go before he reached the end of numbers.
We got a piano! I am very excited to have one and we have all taken turns playing it. I can almost play one primary song and Ben is learning it too. It makes me wish my parents would have made me keep taking lessons. Oh well, I can still relearn and then learn some more. Carter has really enjoyed it, more than I thought he would. He waits until Sissy is awake and then runs over and plays on it and sings his heart out. He's so cute. He's also getting very smart too. I guess I am only surprised because I don't remember sitting and teaching him.. I think he just picks it up. And another note on Carter. We went to meet his preschool teacher for next year. She has horses in her back yard and Carter has been calling it "the farm preschool." He brought one of Ben's ropes for her when we went to meet her to see if she knew any rope tricks. He thinks anyone with a "farm" of any type has to know rope tricks. I keep telling him Ben and I are going to learn some. Anyone know a rope- trick teacher?
Today we went to a play place full of inflatable jumping houses with our friends. They have a little girl who is almost 2. Carter was very sweet to her and would help her up and down from all the houses. When he wasn't running with the pack of boys, he was with her. Then he started hugging her and then he wanted to give her a kiss when we left and when she was getting on her shoes I saw him reach out to rub her ear. I'm nervous already for when this kid turns into a teenager!!
We have been married now for 7 years. Time is a weird thing. Some days it can't go fast enough and some days it feels like yesterday and I was single. I remember thinking when I got married that I wanted our relationship to "stay that way" forever and always be in love just as much as I was then. I am so glad that that did not happen. I am so glad that our relationship is so much deeper, broader, more complex and interwoven and that that was just a teeny bit of what I feel now. I am so glad that our relationship is so much more than love. It's commitment, dedication, selflessness, encouragement, devotion, sympathy, respect, and tolerance.. with lots of love in between. I am so glad that we make a great team and we compliment each other. We are synergy! And I know that we can accomplish, create, endure and experience anything together and I am grateful and cherish that opportunity.
Speaking of accomplishing...heehee... we have been doing LOTS of projects. We'll have to do a big brag board with all them.
2 comments:
Yes, please keep posting! I love to hear how you're doing. And congrats on the piano! It's never too late to learn! And yes, please do a brag post- I can't wait to be impressed. :)
I agree, I love the updates on your family. I also loved your comments about your marriage because I've been thinking along similar lines myself.
I also love that you are all playing the piano. Fantastic!
Post a Comment