Finally Little Sissy decided to crawl the day after Thanksgiving.
We had lots of family visiting the 2 weeks before and during Thanksgiving, they all wanted to see her start.
But apparently, she didn't want to show off too much and waited until everyone had left.
Once she started, there was no stopping her and now she is fast and furious. She is strong and pulls herself up to things, I don't think it will be long before she is walking!
Here is Afton (6 mo) and cousin Joshua (3 1/2 mo)
Here is a video of her on one of her first successful times, that we actually could catch on camera.
She is my youngest when it comes to crawling, she started just shy of 7 months. At her 6 month check up we found her trend continues of being my smallest. She weighed 17 pounds, 8 ounces and was 27 and 1/4 inches. Based on her lovable chubby cheeks and thighs, you would never know she is 2 pounds smaller than Carter was at this age. She is back on a great sleeping schedule and goes through the night again after about 2 months of waking up at least once during the night. The strange thing was I didn't mind too much getting up with her and I didn't know what to do to get her to continue sleeping since I never had to do anything before. After 2 days of "sleep training," she was back to all night.
Things I miss at 6 months: holding her all day in my little wrap. I miss that little baby blob who slept all the time. I miss holding her while she sleeps. Now when she is asleep, I set her down to get things done. I miss her infant grunts, noises and stretches. I miss her dark hair. And I miss her letting anyone hold her. I miss her holding still when I change her diaper. The things I love about this age: she is a busy little lady. She is a mover, she loves jumping, she LOVES her jump-a-roo. She continues to love watching everything. She loves cooing and babbling and being the center of attention. I love her laughs when I blow on her belly while I change her diaper- the only thing that will hold her still. I love her blonde hair- it looks just like her brothers. SHE looks just like her brothers and strangers still call her a boy when they see her and she is completely dressed in pink. She loves to eat and is my baby who was interested in solid food the earliest. She loves anything orange, not so much green and she wants to eat what we are eating. I bought one jar of baby food and she wouldn't touch it. She just wants to be big like us. She likes to feed herself and she gums just about anything she can (no teeth yet) We love our little Afton and I wish I could freeze time. She is growing up way too fast!
Another video of her in her jumparoo-- not too interesting unless you are me and can't get enough of this Little Lady :)
2 comments:
I've been wondering how old your little one was by now. It's crazy how fast time flies by! She's a cutie. I can't wait to see what our little one will be like. At the rate she's going, she'll be as active as her sister.
we have that same jumperoo, it is awesome! ;)
Post a Comment