Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Before I Forget....

I've decided that my life is getting busier and there are things that I just need to take the time to write about. So, I am going to try to start "before I forget" posts.
Here are some:
1- We were proud parents on Sunday. We had our Primary Program where all the kids in the congregation put on a program to show what they have learned for the year, sing the songs etc. Bridger did amazing. He was that child for the songs, you know, the one that you can hear above all other 70 voices that were there. He did great and it was obvious the songs that he knew really well, because you couldn't NOT hear him. He gave a talk too. Most kids had one liners that they said, but Bridger gave a talk earlier in the year that they wanted him to give for the program. It was about a minute long, he memorized it. He recited it clearly and the perfect speed with a normal voice. We had practised a bunch, and he did it perfectly. I wanted to stand and clap, but I refrained. So many people complimented on how well he did. It was a good day for him.
2- I shut Carters finger in the door on Friday night and he ended up with several stitches. This really deserves it's own blog post, hopefully it will get it. I have so much to catch up on...eehh. But he was a trooper while his "partial amputation" was sewn up. It is healing well and I am so glad that kids are resilient. This was a night I was not a proud parent. I just felt sick that I had done that. It was one of those moments that you just wanted to rewind 5 seconds and think again before you do something. Maybe I only have those moments? Anyway, I 'm glad that kids are forgiving too.
3- Speaking of sick... well, first, I love fall. Feelings of fall started this week and it has been weird because I keep getting these horribly accurate memories from exactly a year ago when I was completely nauseated and barfing constantly for all those weeks with Afton's pregnancy. I will get the feel of the air, the smell of the house, the light at a certain angle where I am standing...or everything combined and I'm on the verge of barfing again. I was leaving Costco on Monday and remembered coming home a year ago and throwing up twice on the way home. I didn't eat anything that I bought that day. Ever. And I am hesitant to eat anything I just bought now, but I force myself because it is so silly not to. Since I can't even regurgitate the memories of giving birth to her, I hope these vivid memories will soon leave.
4- Afton has started waking up at night. I have to write this so I will know later that she wasn't completely perfect as a baby :) It started the night Carter got his finger stitched, nobody slept that night, and it has continued this week, although last night it was only once... maybe it is passing? I think she is rolling around and waking herself up. She also started this scream that sounds like she is dying. It is very fierce and so sad to hear. Luckily it isn't often.
She does crack me up with how active she is and strong. She just wants to go! Anywhere! Always!


1 comment:

Russ and Em said...

I love your "Before I forget..." idea. I need one too. I also love fall. I think we will need to drive up the canyon tomorrow just because. Congrats to Bridger and sorry to Carter!!