Everyone has asked, "Who does Afton look like?" It is hard to tell, sometimes I think Carter, sometimes I think Bridger. You can take a vote yourself, the first one is Afton compared to Carter, the next two are with Bridger.



I've concluded that she looks like part of the family.
I've never thought that I would insist on a bow in my daughter's hair- but as you can see, she looks very similar to her brothers-- she needs some sort of feminine distinction!
There are certain things that she definitely has from her father. First, her toes.
She also has his head shape, his blue eyes and his right ear. Yep. She has a small notch out of the cartilage at the top of her ear. I found out this is a trait that Grandpa Tippets has too. And they all have it only on the right side in exactly the same place. Interesting how genetics work.
How have we adjusted?
Very well (for the most part). Her brothers love her.

Carter did have some days where he would have big tantrums that I should have expected. He now has to share his mom with this little one. They both get really excited when she opens her eyes. Otherwise, she is pretty boring and just sits there sleeping. They are very helpful to get a burp rag or pacifier when she needs it and they love to push her in her swing. Sometimes they just need a gentle reminder to give her some space.
We couldn't decide which birth announcement we liked better, so we chose both of them.


My parents came to visit when she was 2 weeks old. It was great to have them here and I appreciated the help. It was so nice to be able to give the kids to my mom and sleep a few more hours in the morning. I don't remember being this tired with the boys as newborns..but I also had a chance to nap most days which I haven't had that luxury this time around.
My babies haven't been big criers... just really noisy sleepers with lots of grunts and squeaks. She never cried for more than five minutes a day for the first three weeks and slept probably for 20 hours every day. She is a great eater and was 8 pounds 4 ounces at her two week check-up. She had gained 11 ounces in 8 days (nurse said that is double what they should). So far, she is doing just what her brothers have done. We are so blessed to have her part of our family.
Her she is at 2 weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment