The nursery is ready! Here is the picture of the mural that we painted on the wall with the bedding. The mural took longer than I thought it would, we kept adding things and changing, and changing again because it didn't look right. It was a fun project but I was glad to see it done, as were the boys. They were very patient while I spent LOTS of time painting- and worse- refusing their help and painting over the "help" that they did give.

This is the bed skirt that I made, it too took longer than I thought it would. Luckily Ben's Aunt Sarah was here that weekend and helped me. (Yes, I like to complicate the easy beginner level project and added pleats, and I wanted them a coordinated color which also complicated things. I was using two different blogs and combined the two.) She was such a HUGE help and I am pleased with how it turned out.
Ben's mom made the quilt for me- because she is a professional it only took 2 days (if it were me-- it would take months.. years... who knows)
Here is the picture of the quilt and some owls from this blog I made for the window seat, and some frames my sweet friend Holly made for the nursery.

Ok- so why is Sissy not ready? Well, first I am only 34 weeks. Despite the fact that I look like this:

And, wow, I look tired. I don't always feel this tired, but maybe I am. Anyway, I have been measuring small (I know, I know, how is THAT possible? Everyone I tell in person bursts out laughing. But that is according to my fundal height.) SO, they had me do an ultrasound yesterday to check growth. And, no surprise to me, her growth is just fine. Actually, she measured BIG, really big, 99% big. The ultrasound said that she is 38 weeks in head size and abdominal size, and that her estimated weight now is 6 pounds 9 ounces. WHAT?! And I still have 6 weeks to go?! Luckily, the weight at this point can be off by 1-1.5 pounds... ummm... hopefully... they don't know what to say about the measurements though. So why is she measuring small according to fundal height: she is BREECH.
RRrgggghhh.
I am not one for ridiculous medical advice from the Internet, but desperate times call for desperate measures. And Youtube has quite a bit of ridiculous ways to turn a breech baby. For example: doing headstands in the pool, elevating your hips on a chair for 15 minutes 3 times a day, crawling around on all fours several times a day, talking your baby into moving down, putting cold vegetables on the top of your belly to make her turn, using "belly buds" which are ear phones that you stick to the bottom of the belly coaxing the infant follow the sound, or use a flashlight to get her to follow the light. There is even acupuncture that uses a moxi stick- I know nothing about acupuncture- this looks like a cigar- and you burn the corners of your pinkie toes with them for 10 days. (this one I am not trying) But all the others. You bet. Most of all though, praying my guts out that she will turn. A Cesarean Section is not the worse thing in the world, and I have had several patients that prefer a C/S over a vaginal delivery, but I would really like to avoid it if I can.
The great thing about having an ultrasound this late (and I feel like a cheater) but you can see what she looks like!! To a small degree anyway and we found out: She has fat, chubby cheeks, (no surprise) big lips that look like Bridger's did as a baby, and she has hair! Hopefully like Carter's... but we couldn't tell how much. She is folded in half with her feet by her face. The top picture is her foot, the bottom picture- you have to look closely..

Placenta is the gray on top, with her hand almost like she is pulling it away, her eyes are in the shadows on the left, her nose in the middle with her dark lips to the middle-right and then cord.
The boys have been singing "Turn Sissy, turn!" and doing all my "exercises" with me. They are sweet and can't wait for her to come. I can't either, but I want her to turn first.
5 comments:
Beautiful job on the wall mural and the bedding! Her nursery is lovely.
And I know you and Ben are both in the medical field, and chiropractors are probably a no-no in your house, but if all else fails my sister-in-law has resorted to a chiropractor both times to get her babies to turn. It's worked twice so far.
Wow, the mural looks great! I really hope that girl turns for you! Good luck.
I love the nursery! It looks great! I haven't had the energy to even think about going all out like that this time! Sorry to hear that she is breech. Jackson was breech for a while and eventually turned on his own, and this baby was also breech for a while and eventually turned. I have to say, as crazy as some of the stuff sounds, a lot of it actually does work. The exercise where you elevate your hips above your head (or as high as you can) for several minutes several times a day seemed to be really effective. Swimming is also supposed to really help. And as crazy as it sounds there are actually a lot of studies that show that the acupuncture is actually just as or more effective than an external version - you just have to use someone who is trained to work with pregnant women for that specific procedure. (I did a lot of research because I was willing to do almost anything to get my babies to turn!) Good luck with getting her to turn - a breech baby can be very uncomfortable and a c-section does not sound like fun to me. Hopefully she will turn on her own soon!
Wow! I love the owl in the tree and the owls you made. The colors and fabrics all look so good together. I am excited to see it in person someday. Good luck with turning her.
Mona you are the craft champion of the world that is all I can say. Amazing.
I want a picture of you doing a headstand in a pool. The mental image is awesome. Good luck getting the baby to turn!
Post a Comment