Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our official Introduction of Zofran


We are excited to announce that we are expecting an addition to our family!
Zofran is due May 18, 2011.
I have been sick. Very sick. Way more sick than the other 2.
The only way I have survived the last 6 weeks is due to a Miracle.
It is a medication called Zofran.
Lots of Zofran. This little girl is made up mostly of Zofran
(and phenergan, zantac, B6, unisom, colace, myralax and occasional prenatal vitamin)
Hence her name.
Taking Zofran allows me to walk... sometimes, without barfing.
I carry a ziploc bag whenever I leave the house to barf in. I use it. Often.
Ben is becoming a really good cook, housekeeper and laundry specialist.
But kids are worth it, right?! They must be! Since this is our third, and first one planned.
AND, Things are improving: 2 days in a row without barfing! Miracles never cease!
I did a small project today. I made dinner last night.
Thank you, Zofran, for making my life a little easier.


Here is her first picture:

This picture was taken when I was so early, that you can see the yolk sac (bottom) and the almost little bean shape of a baby (top). They assured me it isn't twins.

12 comments:

Russ and Em said...

I agree that Zofran is the the miracle drug! It was the only way I got through my pregnancy with Savannah. I'm so glad you got some.

Mhari said...

Congrats!!! So exciting. I hope you feel better soon though. Being sick is so miserable. Makes you wonder why we do this multiple times huh.

Emily said...

Congrats, Mona. I'm so sorry you're puking! The curse of the OB nurse, right?

Bethany said...

Fun! (Not the barfing part).

Amanda Miller said...

Congratulations! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a couple of good days. I wish I was closer to help out more than just 3 days. I don't know if I would keep the name Zofran though... maybe Zoe for short. :) Love you!

Gina/Tom said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you continue to feel better.

Mindy said...

Congrats! A girl...how do you feel about that one? ;) Hope the sickness lessens soon!

Joan said...

Congrats, I hope you feel better soon.

critts said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you.

Sam and/or Monika said...

so excited for your family!!! what wonderful news. i was most sick with my girls as well. go figure... ;) hope you start feeling better soon!

Bret and Charise Miller said...

Congrats Mona! Hope the sickness passes soon though for ya.