I love having a two year old. They make life so fun. Carter has bloomed so much over the last
5 months- really since we have moved and he has started talking. He is so funny and makes us laugh all the time. He and Bridger are the best of friends and play all day long together, with of course, the occasional brawl. They make eachother laugh hysterically and they think that eachother is so funny. They discuss a lot of things, and
I love overhearing their conversations, especially ones like this:
Bridger: "Carter, I love you. You are my best friend."
Carter: "I love you, Bidgor."
Due to much our much lack of sleep from Carter being scared in his
room by himself at night, we moved them together in the same room. It has worked out wonderfully and we are all getting better sleep at night. Bridger likes to lay by Carter if he gets scared, they often will wake eachother up and run into our room in the morning so happy.
If Bridger is still asleep, I love how Carter says, "wake up, Bidgor... no mor sleeping."
I am to the point that it is obvious I am pregnant. And apparently, not only my tummy is growing, but my bum is too. Carter has come up to me a few times and gently stroked my bum cheek, just like he does my belly saying,
""Little sissy...right here."
Umm... sorry, Carter, wrong side....
Carter has become very expressive in his likes and dislikes, especially at the dinner table. He will throw back his head and yell "Taaaaasssttyyyyyyyy!" when he likes something he is eating. If he doesn't, he spits it out on the floor immediately. There is no negotiating with him when it comes to food. I can usually persuade Bridger to eat a few bites of anything, but not Carter.
Carter has been on a read-a-thon lately. He loves to read and I often find himself sitting alone reading. His recent favorites include 2 cowboy magazines that Ben picked up while he was traveling. He loves those things.

We had some estimates
done on some things for our house last month, and since then, Bridger has become the "Question man." I will hear the doorbell ring, answer it and there stands Bridger with this notebook and pen, sometimes a hat and backpack and he says,
"Hello Ma'am. Do you have any questions? Anything that needs to be fixed?"
Carter will repeat but when I answer the door he just says in a high voice
"Qwerstions?"
Carter is very polite. He says " 'Cuse me. mommy" when he falls down, trips, burps or runs into me. Even when he shouldn't say excuse me, he still does. He also uses please and thank you appropriately. I love his little thank you's when I buckle him in his car seat, take him out, even changing his diaper or getting him dressed gets a big thank you. What a sweet boy!
Carter answers serious questions with a very serious "Yes." and not so serious questions with a high pitched, "Yippp!"
Carter will put a blanket over his head, walk around and say "Scarwy ghost. Scarwy ghost." Then one of us will say, "AAahhh!" Carter immediately will take off the blanket and say,"Just Cawrter. Just Cawrter. Just me." Then we'll say, "Ok." And the process repeats again.
My sister gave us some hand me downs, including a suit. Since then, Bridger has asked to "go to a church meeting" or claims that he has a conference to
go to and needs to wear his suit. We picked up a few more suits this last week and B and C looked so darn handsome on Sunday I had to take some pictures. Here they are polishing their shoes and ready to go.

And, Grandma and Grandpa Tippets came to visit. It was great to see them!
And our Halloween pictures: This is at the Truck-r-Treat on the Saturday before

They were Super cute giraffe and monkey, but I couldn't get them in the costumes again for Halloween night.
These are really their everyday costumes that they love.

And, my last latest fave, is that I am finally feeling better! I am now 14 weeks and keeping food down with only 1-2 doses of medicine a day. I am hoping to be able to cut those out soon. Hooray!
3 comments:
What a cute little boy! Blogs are a great place to document all of those fun things. We miss you guys!
Love all the updates! Glad you are starting to feel better.
Ha Ha! How amazing you are able to carry your baby in your bum! :) I doubt that you bum is growing-- you, my dear, are the thinnest mama I know. But I absolutely loved that little story of Carter coming up to your rear end! :) Thanks for sharing! What cute boys; loved all the updates.
Post a Comment