Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Season of Gratitude

I love this time of year because it helps me to reflect on my life and how much I have been blessed. This Thanksgiving holiday, I am trying to be more specific about the things that I am grateful for:

  • Bridger always wakes up cheerful and happy. He is also very excited when Carter wakes up too. This helps me to be in a good mood as well, no matter how early it is.


  • Somedays I feel like I married MacGyver. Ben is so creative and innovative. In every situation with Ben, I know he will think of a way to fix it, mend it, move it, build it, cook it, heal it, clean it, grow it, improve it or prevent it. I feel very lucky to have married such a smart guy.


  • Every week my mother-in-law calls one to five times. This makes us feel loved and missed.


  • I am thankful that our neighbors are our friends. This means a lot to us not having family close by.


  • Right now we have the best health insurance we have ever had and probably ever will.


  • I am pleased that Ben has a job that helps him feel fulfilled. He is great at taking care of sick children.


  • I am thankful that I get to teach expectant parents as my job. It allows me to reminisce the fun and life changing things that a new baby brings.


  • I am thankful that we have a savings account and it actually has money in it.


  • I am glad that we have enough space in our home to entertain our energetic boys.


  • I love that Carter sleeps 8-10 hours each night before waking up to eat.


  • I have a lot of friends who don't have dishwashers. This is a luxury I enjoy everyday.

  • I am thankful that we have close friends to have Sunday dinner with.

  • I am thankful that I know that there is a Prophet on the earth today that speaks for God who warns us and gives us guidance. This helps me feel peace in such a chaotic world.

  • I love being goofy and childish with my children. I love being the person who makes them laugh and smile. Who could ask for a better reward?
    • Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone! I know we all have a lot to be thankful for.


      2 comments:

      Anonymous said...

      You are so good. I love your list. I can honestly say I'm jealous of your sleeping baby!

      Andrea said...

      Mona--what a nice list of things for which to be grateful!

      You are GREAT!