Thursday, November 6, 2008

Da Bottom Lip


SO, Carter refuses a pacifier. I have heard parents complain of this dilemma with other babies and thought, "How does a baby 'not take a pacifier' ...just shove it in!"(because Bridger loved a pacifier and obviously, if MY baby does it, shouldn't everyother baby do it?) Yes , I am now being cursed for judging other parents. Now I know that you can "shove it in" all you want and unless the baby is willing to suck on it, it does not matter how many times or how many types of pacifiers you try, if he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it. End of story. Luckily for me last week Carter found something he will suck on and for the present time loves to...his bottom lip. It cracks me up and he looks a little goofy doing it... But, hey, whatever works.

9 comments:

Rushell said...

That is way to funny. From someone who has two that never took pacifiers I totally feel for you, and am glad that someone finally understands my pain. I am trying hard with Kyle to get him to take one, so far so good. Good luck with the bottom lip thing, does your "pediatrican" think that is okay? Whatever Works!

Valerie said...

Well, I'm sorry he won't take a pacifier, but at least he found something else to keep himself occupied once in a while. I can't believe how much Carter has changed already!

Kristen said...

Hey, don't give up hope. Eme didn't get attached to the binkie till she was about 8 months old! No joke! We left one on her carseat hanging from a toy and after a long road trip she was a fan. Now we have to worry about breaking her from it!

Emily said...

That's hilarious. At least you know he can self-soothe!

Sparkle Mama said...

That is too cute :) Hmmm...I know what you mean though- Ethan might be a no binkie baby too. Only Bill can get him to take one "sometimes".
Good luck!

Andrea said...

I have watched the bottom lip sucking and I love it.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful...Unfortunately Savannah is starting to go for her thumb.....

Ginnie said...

Cameron didn't ever like a pacifier, either. I used to try to show him his thumb so he could figure out how to self-soothe! He eventually got the hang of it.

critts said...

lol - my sister used to say the same to me - just shove it in! Neither of mine have taken one and she is now being cursed by one that won't take one either.