Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Carter's Blessing

I had been feeling homesick after Carter was born and so sad that only 3 members of our extended family had been able to meet Carter. I found a weekend deal to Salt Lake and we jumped at the chance to take our little family to see our BIG family. It was a fantastic trip. We saw all of Ben's 5 siblings and their families along with some of his extended family and saw 4 of my 7 siblings and their families along with lots of my extended family and friends. We were very grateful that at last minute's notice so many people could come to see us. While we were there we blessed Carter. In our church, a " baby blessing" is a publicly preformed blessing where an infant is given a name and a blessing by a man (typically the father) who holds the priesthood along with a group of other men who hold the priesthood thanking God for the child and praying for favors and blessings upon the child's life. It was a very special day for us and I was so happy that members of our family were able to attend and help in the blessing. We really enjoyed being "home" for the weekend. Here are a few pictures of the day:



4 comments:

Kirsti said...

I am so glad that you got to make a last minute trip to be with family. What a special tiome to bless little Carter.

fielding clan said...

It was really fun. I was glad we could be there. Thanks for posting the photos. They turned out great!

Haynes Family said...

I love all the pictures. Carter is so adorable, just like Bridger was and is. Jaeden keeps saying she misses her favorite babysitter Mona. It makes me laugh cause I think you babysat them once but like all day! Sorry. We miss you guys!

Sparkle Mama said...

Fun stuff that you got to be with so much family :) Great pics!