Thursday, February 7, 2013

Christmas 2012

I wish I could say that our Christmas was super fun, but the Christmas vacation started with Carter being sick and it progressed through all of us over the next 10 days except Sissy. On Christmas Eve, Ben took Carter out to run an errand thinking he was feeling better and was carrying him in the house when he barfed right down Ben's back. There is a reason that Ben is a doctor and not a nurse. He doesn't handle cleaning up body fluids well, or having them splashed on him. Anyway, Christmas morning Carter made me burst out laughing with his answer to my question "How are you feeling?" He said, "No barfing. No diarrhea. And no disease!" That didn't last long though. Luckily we made it through opening presents  without any body fluids being expelled. So, that part was great. 

Christmas morning: 

 I love our new stockings!

 Capri Suns were in the stockings and a big hit for everyone. 
 Bridger and Carter both got these noise making rifles- which they loved. 
Thanks, Santa. 
 New sleds and snow gear. 
 Sissy got her first baby doll. She has turned into a great little Mommy for her baby. 

 Cowboy shirt
 A set of spurs
 To go with Carter's new cowboy boots. Now he is really in style. 
 Ring pops... the other big hit from the stockings
 No snow, so they went sledding down the stairs
 Sissy's new apron. She loves to help cook. 
 Shopping cart for Sis. 
She ran around the house all week pushing her baby in the cart 


Other presents: play dough, new church clothes, ice skating lessons, family night basketball game, puzzles, lots of books, monster truck, more Legos, Sissy got a microphone that plays music and records voices. I got a Bosch mixer -Wahoo! We were very blessed and had a good Christmas. 
Our Christmas miracle was that Bridger didn't end up in the hospital. He got sick the day after Christmas and had it the worse of all of us. I would give him a teaspoon of water and he would throw up two cups. He couldn't keep anything down for over 40 hours. He was so dehydrated and started complaining of back pain and couldn't walk and I was sure he was getting a kidney infection of some sort... or a myriad of other conditions. I just kept thinking that he needed an IV, but knew it would be impossible to find a vein. So, as last resort, I gave him some of my Zofran crushed up in a spoonful of applesauce and thankfully it settled his stomach so he could get some fluids in him. He ended up losing 8 pounds during his five day illness which is a lot considering he was only 44 pounds to start with. We are happy we all made it through alive, and so happy when the New Year came and we could leave the house again. 

1 comment:

Russ and Em said...

And I thought our Christmas was rough! So glad you are now feeling better