This is Ben posting.
When Mona and I were engaged, I told her that we were going to name all of our children after names in Wyoming. She did not disagree, and we still got married, so I took that as she agreed. Bridger is named after Fort Bridger, which is a nice little town and has a lot of historical value in the West and among Mormons (although Jim Bridger was not exactly nice to the Mormon pioneers). Anyway, when our next cute little boy came along, I suggested Carter. There is a Carter Wyoming and Carter is a very nice name.
When Mona and I were engaged, I told her that we were going to name all of our children after names in Wyoming. She did not disagree, and we still got married, so I took that as she agreed. Bridger is named after Fort Bridger, which is a nice little town and has a lot of historical value in the West and among Mormons (although Jim Bridger was not exactly nice to the Mormon pioneers). Anyway, when our next cute little boy came along, I suggested Carter. There is a Carter Wyoming and Carter is a very nice name.
Well, here it is. Mona's first words were "We named him after this?????? What were we thinking, I mean, what were you thinking????". I know, not much to look at, but I still think it is a nice name.
4 comments:
Ha ha! That's hilarious! Who knows, maybe someday after Carter Tippets becomes rich and famous, this quiet little town will become a booming metropolis. :-)
That is very funny. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of the car during that conversation
The clouds are very nice.
I told my husband before we were married that I was in charge of naming ALL the kids and would be in charge of all the driving and giving me money. He still married me. And that deal still stands.
Please don't name any of your children Thermopolis or Redbird. Even though they are in Wyoming. I'm just saying that someone might make fun of them.
Post a Comment