Monday, June 1, 2009

My Favorites

My favorites for the week:
  • Bridger DID swim by himself! He did great! Our swim teacher was watching him and said to me, "I think he could do it on his own..should we try?" So she put a float belt on him and he just started swimming. I moved away from him to show him that he really was doing it by himself, which I thought might make him nervous. It didn't. As he swam around the pool, I swam a few yards next to him. He said to me, "Mommy!! You're swimming all by yourself!"
  • We finally got our gardens planted. Yes, we are attempting to do 2 again this year. We'll see how it goes.
  • We got to go to the Temple . For those of you who live in Mormon Mecca, this may not sound like a big deal. When was the last time a temple trip for you took 12 hours? For us, it was a big deal, and it was great. Thanks to the Harts for volunteering to watch our boys so we could go!
  • Bridger's Best: Yelling the song "Reverently, Quietly" into a megaphone. Phrases: "Carter! What is the dealio?" "Bridger loves Daddy AND Mommy!" and our conversation about planting: ( I told him we could only plant when it is sunny)

Bridger: "Look, Mommy! The Sun! Can we go plant?"

Mona: "Sure, what would you like to go plant?"

Bridger: "I want to plant some weeds."

Mona:" We all ready have plenty of weeds."

Bridger: " NO, we need more. More big, GIANT weeds!"

  • Carter: He is Learning to defend himself and is sick of being bullied. He screams at the top of his lungs when something gets taken away from him and the second he has it back he smiles. He is also starting to be a picky eater. When he doesn't want something, he sticks his tongue out in between pursed lips so NOTHING will get into his mouth. It is really hilarious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that everything is going well. That is great that you were able to go to the temple.

Russ and Em said...

Bridger makes me laugh. What a funny kid. I am glad Carter is starting to defend himself. Savannah still lets Abbie grab what she wants and it drives me crazy. I love your favorites blog idea.

Bethany said...

Aren't the Harts awesome!!?!??! They babysat for us so that we could go to the Temple too.