
This is what I got for Mother's Day: It's an alarm clock. My own alarm clock, on MY side of the bed, right on MY nightstand inches from MY head. Since having children, I haven't used an alarm clock. Why would I when I have 2 little boys in the next room? They wake up always on time, not a minute late and can often go off 5 to 300 minutes earlier than I would like. Sleeping in is NOT a worry that I have. Lately it has come to the point where I am too tired to check the clock myself on Ben's side of the bed to see if it is an acceptable time to be "going off" or not when one of the boys cries, and has been crying for a while, so I gently nudge (or elbow in the ribs, depending on who you talk to) and quietly whisper (or yell..... again, depending on who you talk to) the question,
"Time?"
I hope that I have not led you into thinking that we are having marital issues,
we are not, but apparently we are just both really tired.
I had a great Mother's Day. I love being a mom. We had visitors for the weekend, which we always love. More pictures to come later.
1 comment:
I haven't needed an alarm for almost exactly two years for the same reason. Thankfully the clock is on my side of the bed, because Russ is practically comatos when he sleeps.
Sorry they've been waking up early. That is miserable.
Post a Comment