Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ready for Number Two?

Well, I have 6 weeks to go and many people, including myself, have been asking, "So, are you ready for number two?" When I think of not being pregnant anymore, I definately say, "YES!!" I have had alot of back and hip pain and just found out that I am anemic which may be the reason that I am always exhausted--or else chasing and lifting Bridger all day long--it is hard to tell the reason. The real question to me is "Am I ready for a newborn?" Now, we have admitted several times that Bridger has spoiled us. I don't really take credit for anything that we as parents have necessarily done (although I am sure the pediatrician in the house might differ) But Bridger has been a great baby. Never in his newborn life has he been awake past 1 a.m.... or actually, ever in his life. He started sleeping at least 6 hours straight at 3 weeks old at night time, and by 4 months he would go 12 hours...he has been a great eater, he has a happy disposition and the most he ever cried in his life was when he went through his separation anxiety stage... which really, was pretty tolerable. When it comes to sickness, he has only had 1 ear infection and has only thrown up once. I could really go on and on about how easy it has been, but I don't want anyone who has had a "normal newborn" to hate us for being so lucky, nor do I want to jinx myself. Well, OK, to be fair and completely honest, he does have one problem... he drools.... alot. And I am sure that the terrible twos might bring some bad behavior, or the teenage years. There has to be some kind of balance, right? So, the long answer to the question "Are you ready for number two?" is, "Yes...as long as he is a clone of Bridger!"
(I am not proud to post my preggo pictures on the blog, but I wanted to show that I am just as big now as when I delivered Bridger.)

2 comments:

Russ and Em said...

You look so darling pregnant! Just a month left over here and while Abbie didn't give us the restful nights that you two had - I can say I'm nervously excited for number two!

Ginnie said...

I'm sure you can do it. And I guess you have to! I know what you mean about being spoiled. Cameron has been a great kid--sleeping and eating. I'm hoping our next will be just as good. I'll definitely look to you to see how things go with two boys!