Summer is going way too fast and one day I looked at all my kids and noticed something. They are growing up. All of them are growing up! And growing up WAY TOO FAST! I do not like. Not one bit. So, I decided then and there that I was making a new family rule. I called an emergency family council and announced: "New family rule. No more growing up. You have to stop. Today." There was an uproar of displeasure in my new rule and lots of disagreement. Bridger made a new goal that he would someday be taller than me, Carter decided he would make the same. Afton said, "NO way, Mom!" and Eden just squealed and banged on the table because everyone else was making a ruckus.
I was really depressed that nobody agreed with my new rule, and decided I would take some pictures to savor my kiddos childhood a little more.
I now grin when they don't want to eat their dinner and congratulate them on agreeing with my rule. I explain that since they won't be eating they just won't have the energy to grow. Hurrah! My plan is working. (sometimes my reverse psychology actually works and they DO eat their dinner.)
Even though I can't make a rule to stop it, I still think it is unfair that they are growing way too fast.
And, I have the picture now to prove it!
Afton actually sat still for me to do her hair one Sunday in July. She loves this blue dress and wears it almost every Sunday. (Yes, even though it is not pink, she still likes it.)
She is just beautiful, and I am not biased either. This actually is a fact.
These next few of Eden are from April 20th- around Easter, just after she turned one. I followed her around the yard and she just would not hold still for a picture.
| Her hair was just a poof ball all the time. Everyone loved petting her soft hair when it stood straight up, begging for attention. |
These were taken July 20th, only three months later.
What happened to that little girl?!
Two more facts: She too, is beautiful and growing up the fastest.
Two more facts: She too, is beautiful and growing up the fastest.
| I tried to pose her. Thanks for the goofy face, Eden. |
This is her newest smile that cracks me up:
The other fact is that my boys are growing up so that they absolutely don't like their picture taken and think that it is crazy to take them for no reason, so this is what I got from Carter and Bridger:








3 comments:
They really are growing up!!!
I was thinking the same thing about my kids the other day! Your girls are beautiful. And your boys really are grown up!
Such pretty photos of pretty kids. I must meet your kids in person before they're all grown up.
Post a Comment