Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Day of Great Things


I really wanted Carter to try to wake board, as I just knew he could do it if he tried. Uncle Tim called to see if we were up to going with a family that just moved in around the corner. Carter agreed to go and try, so we skipped school and headed up there for the last time of the season on September 4, 2013.  The water level is so low that many of the docks have closed, and there aren't very many people up there at all. 
And a side note: ever since the reunion in August, Afton will put on her swimsuit and come out and say, "swimming now." I say, "Where are you going swimming?" She replies, "Tim's boat!" So she was very happy to actually go on Tim's boat. She never actually gets out to swim, but whatever floats her boat.. hee heee...
Here are the pictures for the day. 

Carter got into the board just fine, ready to go.

Uncle Tim pulled him a few times and he did great, then promptly decided to get in the boat without trying with the boat actually going. 
He isn't scared of the water or the boat. He kept running across the back and doing a summer-salt into the water when we were switching skiers. He just makes me laugh and I have yet to figure him out. 


Finally at the end of the day before we were just about to leave, he decided to give it a try "for reals" with the boat going.

And, he got up!! Hooray, hooray! 
And, the camera malfunctioned and we did not get it captured. Bummer. 

Another great day on the lake. Carter is officially the youngest one of Uncle Tim's boat to get up on a wake board, and number 598. 

We got home and Eden Baby decided to show off her new skills too:

Sitting up ALL by herself. 

A was a day of big achievements. 



And, let's be honest, it wasn't really last day on the lake for the summer, I've gone two or three more times and Carter called Uncle Tim to see if we could go out again to get him on video. 


This girl was totally out... and this is on the ride TO the lake!


I know I keep saying this, but Eden was a dream on the boat the entire day. She is just so happy. 

Sometimes I think she got bored, then she would just snack on her toes.


Carter got up a few times:

Here is a video clip:

Bridger went a few times too, We didn't take any more pictures, I guess he is now like us, past the picture taking stage. 

I thought the day would be short as the water started out pretty rough from the wind,  but then turned smooth as glass. I water skied my heart out that day. It was so fun. Ben went several times too and is getting to be pretty good on the ski. Such a great day. Thanks, Uncle Tim, again! 


No comments: