Patience is a Virtue- that Mona Tippets doesn't have!!
I remember hearing a phrase from my mom, probably more than any other:
"Be patient."
I'm telling myself that again tonight as my hips, sacrum, pubic bone and back are all crying out in pain.
I move like I am 100 years old and it is not fun.
This baby and myself are running out of room.
For the love, just come out!
Every day this last week I thought I was going into labor... just to wake up the next morning still pregnant.
Uugghhh.
I'm a much happier woman holding a baby in my arms than in my womb.
Ben keeps telling me that I'm not really even due yet, which is true.
But I see no reason why this baby shouldn't come out.
Even the only Pediatric Pulmonologist in the state of Idaho told me that by 37 weeks gestation there are plenty of alveoli developed for healthy lungs.
See, no reason at all why this baby shouldn't come!
My doctor is now on vacation and won't be back until Easter. Ben was out of town for two days and when he got back I had a 12 hour window to deliver when both my doctor and husband could be there for delivery. Darn. I missed it. And I better have had this baby before Easter or else!
Ben took all of next week off, hoping this baby will come. If Mousse doesn't make an appearance, then Ben is building an entertainment center... so either way it's a win- win situation, right?
He currently building drawers for our master closet... it's 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday night.
Manic Mode has already started and I may not get him out of the garage for a week...unless I actually have this baby.
So, what have I been doing while the waiting is torturing me?
Sewing... cleaning.... cooking... canning chicken...watching every neighbors' kids this week stocking up on kid trades for the future..... oh, and taking care of the three kiddos I all ready have.
Lots of hot showers, a pedicure and so wishing that Downton Abbey's forth season were here or that I owned the third to watch it a few more times.
I did have a baby shower this week. So fun.
I told them to keep it low-key, which they kind of did.
Holly insists that every baby be celebrated, which is true.
I'm so grateful to have wonderful friends here.
Here are the pictures:
Popcorn with a sign, "ready to pop"
Our cravings... Kristi's is licorice and mine is fruit smoothies
This is my friend and neighbor, Kristi who is 3 weeks and 100 pounds behind me.
My friends Olivia and Holly, who hosted the shower.
I am worried about Sissy when Mousse arrives. Her favorite positions remain as:
1- Being held by me.
2- Laying on me.
She hasn't a clue what my big belly has to do with a baby. We have a bassinet set up in the office. She knocks it down, tries to climb in it, or uses it for her personal storage area.
Today I went in there and found her piece of pizza and sippy cup sitting on the mattress.
Hmmm..... I don't know what she is going to do when there is a baby in there.
Time will tell.
Hopefully sooner than later... :)
And, another item of not having patience...
After talking to several people about not finding out the gender of the baby at the 20 week ultrasound, I decided that it sounded fun and should do it. I have always had my mothery intuition and have known and been right with the last three what gender they were before we actually confirmed with ultrasound, so I didn't think it would be a big deal anyway. And, since we have both genders anyway, whatever gender came would be just fine and it would be fun to be surprised.
WRONG.
It had been driving me crazy. I think the baby is a boy, Carter thinks that it is a girl. He says that since we have three boys in the family and only two girls, then we have to have a girl to even it out. It makes perfect sense in a four year old's mind.
I have been planning boy stuff, but didn't want to make baby boy projects only for them to be a waste. We also have the room situation of where to put the baby if it is a boy. If it is a girl, then she would share a room with Sissy. Anyway, more important than these two and other issues, I found myself feeling guilty at the excitement of the thought of "what if it really is a girl?" Afton has been so much fun to have and all the girly things that she does are so cute to me. I would get giddy thinking about it. Then I felt bad if this baby really is a boy, and worried that I wasn't as excited to have another boy and maybe wanted another girl. Blah, blah, blah back and forth. People keep asking me what I want it to be or what I am hoping for. And honestly, I want both. I would be totally happy and excited with either.
Anyway, as the pregnancy end is drawing closer, I couldn't handle the emotions or the details of preparing clothes etc. And, we gave in.
Luckily we know enough people with access to some type of ultrasound machine and we took a peek at 34 weeks. As I thought, the baby is big enough at 34 weeks that it is really hard to see anything in that area. Legs were tightly closed and remained that way, as there isn't any room for them to unfold much. But, we got a good guess at what we are having.
And, we are proud to announce that one of us in the family is right about the gender. :)
And, we are all so excited! Don't ask us to tell you, as we agreed it is a family secret.
We went to Krispy Kreme to celebrate. Gross. But the kids had fun.




3 comments:
Oh I'm so sorry. May he/she get in gear and just come already. I agree about Downton btw.
I hope he comes soon for your sake! It sounds like you're keeping busy, though.
Yeah- I HATE that final stretch. I much prefer the baby OUT than IN. When was that shower, anyway? You look awesome if that shower was recent. Nobody should look that great at 37 weeks (or anything past 30, in my opinion). :) I wish you all the best in labor and delivery! I just love pushing babies out- it's like the best feeling in the world to empty the tummy. I can't wait to hear what the gender is once he/she comes. I'll be checking on this blog a lot, I'm sure. Love you much!
Post a Comment