It has happened. And we are sure. We will be moving (Not until next July) to Boise, Idaho! Yes, we are excited even though for whatever reason when we think of Idaho, we think of
(Before you go any further.....please, please watch that clip!)
You may remember us from Halloween 4 years ago, or at least got our Christmas card with the pictures from it. In case you missed it or forgot, here are the photos:
(Oh, how I have been wishing and hoping and waiting for the perfect moment to add this prized picture to our blog :))
Don't you love, absolutely LOVE my pink fanny pack!!Really, despite our Napoleon stereotypes, and, in case you have never been to Boise, it actually is a cool place and I think we will love it there.
In all seriousness, we are excited and most importantly, feel like this is the best choice for us to go. We have fasted and prayed and done a lot of thinking and discussing about our option to go here. It was confirmed to me when I was reading this article
I believe in a loving God who will give you personal revelation and help you make the right decisions. This article is talking about receiving spiritual guidance in our lives. It states that in regard to making decisions "...your confidence in the impressions you feel can become more certain than your dependence on what you see or hear "
We feel great about Boise. Everywhere we interviewed offered us a great option and had several good things to offer. Everyone told us how wonderful "their city" was, but Boise just felt right. All my nervousness about Ben being the only Peds pulmonologist in Boise, (well, really, in the state of Idaho) and everything that that would entail, is gone. I feel good. I feel at peace and I know that it is not the easiest place for us to go, but it is the right place. Ben is excited to start something new and make a big difference in childrens health care .
And, if we could live next to Napoleon, it'd be even better.
9 comments:
Congratulations! It is so exciting to finally have a decision made and be able to start working towards it right? I hope you guys really enjoy Idaho. My parents lived in Twin Falls and loved it. And random Napoleon memories are always fun. :-)
Phew! I'm glad that you feel good about it. What an exciting phase this is getting you into!
Yahoo!! That is so exciting! I'm so glad you will be within less than a day's driving distance! I'm excited for you and can't wait to be able to see you more often! Love ya!
I LOVE those pictures!! No, I'm not really a Napolean Dynamite fan, but you two did pretty good with those costumes.
That's way exciting that you know where you're going. We'll be sad to see you go, though.
Congratulations! What an relief to know where you are going, and now the planning begins!
I LOVE YOU GUYS! You both totally rock...
Congratulations!! I am so glad you will be so close. We drive through Boise often on our way up to Portland, now we will have an excuse to stop.
We really need to add Russ as Kip to these pictures. I can't look at him when he dresses like Kip - it is too similar.
We are so excited that someone else realizes that the Lord thinks living in Idaho is a good thing! Now we just have to convince the rest of the family that Idaho is the place to be. Rachael and Marian are almost there... just a mile further and they can really claim to be from the home of Napolean. Seriously, though, congrats on the moving decision and you'll find many beautiful things awaiting you in Idaho.
Congratulations!!! (Sniff...Sniff) Just kidding. I am happy for you all and know that you will be great!
Post a Comment